Booking Terms and Conditions for Woodend of Glassel Ltd
Contract: The Contract for a short-term holiday rental will be between the owners of Woodend of Glassel Ltd (referred to as “us” or “we”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you”, “your”, “guests”) under the following booking conditions. Scottish law will govern the Contract. The Contract will be subject to these booking conditions, and must be complied with. The person whose name is on the booking form (referred to as the “Responsible Person”) agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following Terms and Conditions are adhered to by all members of the party. The Responsible Person must personally stay at the accommodation throughout the holiday and be at least 18 years of age at the time of booking. The names, addresses and ages of all members of the party must be shared with the owners on request.
When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed by post or email.
Covid 19: If you or a member of your party develops symptoms of Covid-19 during your stay (a continuous cough, high temperature, or loss or change in taste and smell), it is important that you let us know as soon as possible. There is a different set of procedures that applies in the event of suspected actual case of the virus at a site that we would need to follow. Government advice if you suspect you have developed the symptoms of Covid-19 is for you and your party to go home and self-isolate there:
“If a guest presents themselves with symptoms or Covid-19 or is asymptomatic but declares the need to self-isolate, they should be advised to check out and return home to self-isolate according to current government guidance. If the guest has acute symptoms, has breathing difficulties, or their life is at potential risk, seek medical help immediately.”
If you cannot return home for any reason, their circumstances should be discussed with a health care professional and, if necessary, the local authority. Guests cannot isolate at the property.
It is important to get a test as soon as possible. Visit NHSinform.scot/test-and-protect or call 0800 028 2816.
If you need essential help, call the National Assistance Helpline: 0800 111 400 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm).
Terms: The prices shown include the provision of bed linen and towels. Electricity is pre-paid and included in your final balance.
Payment: Bookings are confirmed on receipt of the booking form and receiving the deposit of 50% of the holiday cost. The balance of the rental will be due for payment 42 days before the arrival date. If your payment has not been received 42 days before the commencement date we will assume that you wish to cancel. If the booking is made within 42 days of the arrival date then payment will be due in full. No entry to properties will be allowed without payment, in full, being cleared beforehand.
Bookings: Provisional bookings may be made by phone or email, but will only be secured on receipt of a 50% deposit payable within 7 days of booking. The balance of the payment must be made not less than 42 days before the booking.
Cancellation: Cancellations must be immediately notified to us by email.
- Bookings placed after August 1st 2020 have Cancellation Protection cover under our Master Cancel Policy if you cancel between 60 days and 2 days prior to arrival.
- If you cancel from 60 days up to and including 2 days before check-in date, you will receive a full refund of the lodging costs you have paid. Only lodging costs are refunded. Additional extras, including but not limited to cleaning fees, tax and other ancillary charges are not refunded. Refund payment for cancelled bookings will be released back to the cancelling guest on the scheduled date of check-out of the original booking. Cancellations made 1 day prior to, or on the day of check-in will not be eligible for refund. Example: for a check-in on Saturday you could cancel the prior Thursday before 16.00 and be reimbursed in full, but not on Friday (1 day prior) or Saturday (day of check-in). For this reason we strongly recommend you take out your own travel insurance for UK holidays which covers booking cancellations. This is available at very affordable rates, and gives you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your holiday. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- If you cancel 61 or more days before check-in date, we will endeavour to re-let the property for those dates. If we are able to re-let your dates, we will refund you the deposit amount (which may be less than you paid – e.g. if the final letting price was discounted or only some of the days are re-let) less an administration fee of 10%. If we are unable to re-let you remain responsible for the deposit and there will be no refund under any circumstances. For this reason we strongly recommend you take out your own travel insurance for UK holidays which covers booking cancellations. This is available at very affordable rates, and gives you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your holiday. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- You will be reimbursed at check-out date of original booking.
- Bookings placed before August 1st 2020 are not cancellation protected, meaning that if you cancel before the date the balance is due, and we are able to re-let your dates, we will refund you the deposit amount (which may be less than you paid – eg if the final letting price was discounted or only some of the days are re-let) less an administration fee of 10%. If we are unable to re-let you remain responsible for the deposit and there will be no refund under any circumstances. From 42 days before check-in to the day of check-in, you remain responsible for the full rent and there will be no refund unless we are able to re-let your dates, in which case we will refund you all or part of the sum you have paid, depending on the value of the replacement booking, less a 10% administration fee. You will be reimbursed at check-in date of the original or replacement booking, whichever has the later arrival date. We would strongly advise that guests take out a travel insurance policy which covers booking cancellations. This is available at very affordable rates, and gives you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your holiday.If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
CIRCUMSTANCES ON SITE BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE OWNER
If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control at our site – for example fire, flood, or destruction/damage to the property – then we will at our sole discretion seek to find you comparable accommodation for your dates, or will offer you alternative dates, or we will refund the full amount of the booking. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be relocated/credited/refunded part of the booking fee value based on the time remaining of the booking. This will be the full extent of the liability of the Owners. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
- Other than holidays covered by the Cancellation Protection conditions above (for bookings made after August 1st 2020), we do NOT cover you for your holiday being unavailable due to natural disasters, terror attacks, acts of war, hijacking, riots, incidents of civil unrest, pandemics, epidemics, or general restrictions on movement imposed by local or national Government, which may prevent you from taking your holiday. We would strongly advise that guests take out a travel insurance policy which covers booking cancellations. This is available at very affordable rates, and gives you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your holiday. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
Accuracy of Details: The website is as accurate as possible but cannot be warranted, nor do the descriptions form any contract. Whilst every effort is made to ensure accuracy of property descriptions and images, the facilities and services may alter. We reserve the right to alter or improve any of the subjects without notice.
You may access the property from 16.00 on the day of arrival (earlier arrivals are strictly by arrangement only). Please note that departure is by 10.00 on your final day (again, later departures are strictly by arrangement only). We need this time to ensure that the cottage is ready for your arrival after the previous guests.
You must not use the property except for the purpose of a holiday during the holiday period, and not for any other purpose or longer period. The agreement to stay in the property for the holiday period does not create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties. You shall not be entitled to a new tenancy, or to any assured short hold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure now or at the end of the Holiday Period. On departure, you are requested to leave the accommodation in a clean and tidy condition. This includes washing up, placing rubbish in bin liners and putting in outside bins, ensuring ovens and barbeque are clean and free from grease.
NUMBER OF PERSONS USING THE PROPERTY
Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons stated in the brochure and on the website occupy the property, unless by prior arrangement with the owners. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed.
Woodend of Glassel Ltd, its employees and representatives shall not be liable to you or your party for loss or damage to property howsoever arising. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard yourselves and your property.
CARE OF THE PROPERTY
You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects, in or on the property. You must leave them in the same state of repair and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. You must not use the properties for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or other neighbouring properties. Smoking is not allowed in any of the properties.
DAMAGES & BREAKAGES
You are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand (although we would not charge you for the odd glass or plate). If you lose a key we will replace it upon you paying for the cutting of a new one.
RIGHT OF ENTRY
We shall be allowed reasonable right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
Every effort is made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We value your custom and want you to return. We will do our best to resolve any problem. This is easier to do before your leave!
We only allow dogs (max 2), and only when have they been booked in and paid for. (£15 per dog, per stay/per lodge entered). In order to maintain our lodges for everyone to enjoy, it is necessary that guests bringing dog(s) agree to abide by the dog rules on our website.
We are committed to ensuring the best standards of practice in all our activities. Visitors to our web site can be assured that the protection of privacy and confidentiality are given the highest priority. All personal information is collected, held and used in strict compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We do not collect any personal information from visitors to our website other than information that is knowingly and voluntarily given. Anonymous information is collected, such as the number of visitors to the website in a given period or details of properties and dates selected for online bookings, but it is purely statistical and cannot be used to identify an individual user. Cookies are not used to collect any other information from visitors to the website.
Use of Information
The information collected may be used to contact you with further details of our current activities or to send details of future initiatives or events. It may also be used for research purposes. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require such information to be sent. We treat any data collected during the course of making bookings or dealing with enquiries in strict confidence. Your data will never be sold. If at any time you would like your details removed from this list all you need do is to click the unsubscribe link on any of the emails or contact us on email@example.com and we will arrange for you to be removed from the database.
Third Party Disclosure
We will NEVER pass any personal information on to any third party without your consent.
We take appropriate measures to safeguard the information we hold from unauthorised access or improper use. Our database is stored in a secure, password protected location. Only users authorised by us have access to this data.
Integrity of Data
We take all reasonable measures to ensure that the information we hold is accurate. In particular we use reliable collection methods and destroy or convert to an anonymous form, any out-of-date data. Individuals may request details of all personal information held by us so as to contest inaccurate or incomplete data, verify the information and have it corrected as appropriate.
Any queries relating to our collection or use of personal information should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to Book?
Use our booking calendar below to find the ideal start date for your stay.